Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gimme a break!!!

And I don't mean I want a piece of a Kit Kat bar :)

I realized the other day, that I am with my children ALL THE TIME! Now, being with them is not a problem - getting things done while I am with them, that is the issue. (In the time it took me to type those 3 sentences, I have had to tell my boys twice to stop talking and just eat their lunch!)

I mean, being a "stay at home" mom has many benefits, but when your children are so young, sometimes it just seems impossible to get major "projects" finished without being interrupted umpteen times! And it seems, I always have a major "project" to do (Type A personality, you know).

Well, on Sunday night the baby was quite sick with a double ear infection and I felt I should just keep her home from church so she could sleep. My husband took the boys, so I was left home alone with just Jessica. My first thought was, "What can I get done while those boogers are gone?!?!"

My project was cleaning the boy's rooms.

My boys are expected to make their beds, put their laundry away, and keep toys in their respective bins, but during the weekend it seems that things get a bit messy. I decided to do some major cleaning and reorganizing. I moved the furniture and vacuumed every nook and cranny. I put the toys into different containers, switched Jessica's clothes around, and even tidied up the closets.

Needless to say, I accomplished sooo much while they were gone for just 2 hours!

I have now decided that my hubby needs to take the boys out once a month for a few hours. He will not have a problem with that now that he is only working one job again, and I will feel so much better since my house will be "in order."


Love these "boogers" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment