Thursday, September 8, 2011

Long time, no see. . .


Wow! Hello blogging world! I have been out of touch for so long, I think I forget how to write - LOL! I figured that now that I'm home with my children all day, I should start to make some time for blogging. It is, after all, a bit of a stress-reliever!
Well, we had a very busy end to our summer! Our first daughter, Jessica Karen, was born on 8/11/11. Shortly after that, my in-laws came for a visit, and then my father stayed with us for a week. As I was recovering from a c-section, it was nice to have some family around to keep me sane :)

Before our "sweet pea" arrived, I was very concerned about the fact that it had been 3 years since we had an infant in the house. After all, my other three boys had been born within 2 1/2 yrs of each other! Well, things have gone smoothly so far because she has been an angel! That may all change, but for now, she sleeps most of the day which allows me time to home school and do all my housework. And, amazingly, my boys have not shown any jealousy! They are always doting on her and begging to hold her. I hope it stays that way for a while. My husband and I adore just looking at her, and I think she may already have him wrapped around her little finger ;)
Of course, I added some pictures of our new little princess. We picked the name Karen for her middle name because that was my mom's first name. Her first name was just a pretty name, on which my husband and I actually agreed :)

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy that you had a little girl. She is beautiful Heather! And you can definitely see that the boys adore her :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Alicia! I was perfectly content with my boys, but now it is nice to have another female in the house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...great to hear from you, Heather! You have a precious little girl :) Those boys are going to be great with her! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete