Monday, January 2, 2012

Mmmmmm. . . cookies. . .

Yesterday I started "30 Sugar Free Days." This means that for 30 days (Lord willing), I will not eat anything that contains sugar or acts like sugar in my body. It does seem a bit overwhelming, but not impossible! :)

OK, so you're wondering why I'm posting a cookie recipe?!? Because making goodies is fun for me! I just can't stop!!!!


These are good for many reasons. . .
- they contain peanut butter (and isn't anything with peanut butter yummy?!?)
- they can be made in one bowl (yay for less clean-up!)
- they can be made in less than 15 minutes (ahhh, efficiency!)
- they contain only 4 ingredients (cost-effective for sure!)

So, are you ready?!?


No-Bake Peanut Butter Cookies:

1 c light corn syrup
1 c white sugar
1 c peanut butter
3+ c Rice Krispies

In a medium saucepan, mix sugar and corn syrup and set stove to medium heat. When mixture starts to boil, let it boil for 1 min. Remove from heat and add the peanut butter. If you would like, you can also add some chocolate at this point (mmmmm!). Mix until smooth, then gradually add in Rice Krispies. I honestly don't measure out my cereal, so I'm guessing at 3 cups. Just add until all the peanut butter mixture is used up.
When all is mixed, drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper (I pat mine down a bit). When they have cooled, they are ready to eat! And oh, are they yummy!
Now, since I'm on this "Sugar Free" challenge, I did not eat any, but sent half to work with my hubby and wrapped half for the boys for a snack tomorrow. For some reason, just making them eased the stress in my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment