Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Mexican Tater Tot Casserole

I don't usually post recipes because I do not consider myself a cooking connoisseur. . . in the least! But, this is one of those recipes that friends and family both enjoy, so I thought I would share :)


Let me also add, this is a very simple meal that takes little time to make. It is often difficult to prepare a meal with 3 boys running around and a 1 yr. old tugging at my apron strings, so I appreciate meals that do not require lots of chopping and mixing ;)

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground sausage or ground beef 
2 Tbs. flour
2 Tbs. butter
1 c. milk
1 can of black beans (or really, any kind of bean you like)
1 can of corn
1 can chopped tomatoes & green chilis (Rotel)
Shredded cheese (any kind will work) I like Colby/Jack for this
Tater tots

In a skillet, cook ground sausage/beef and drain the fat. Put meat into a casserole dish and set aside. Preheat oven to 375. Wipe down skillet with a paper towel and then add flour and butter. Cook on medium until mixture starts to bubble (about 2 min). Add milk and stir until it becomes a think white sauce. Add in beans, corn, and tomatoes. Pour this mixture on top of the meat in the casserole dish. Add enough shredded cheese to cover the mixture, then add a layer of tater tots. Bake for about 20 min. until tater tots are browned and mixture is bubbling. Serve with a dollop of sour cream and salsa.


mmmmmm. . . cheese. . . 


                                                               



No comments:

Post a Comment