Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Superhero Birthday Party

So, my baby boy is turning FOUR! Ugh. . . I can't believe it! 

Just over a year ago, I remember being 8 months pregnant and holding Evan on my lap. I thought, "Boo hoo. . . this may be one of the last times I rock you to sleep!" And I think it was :( 

He is still a very affectionate and "huggy" boy, but no way does he fall asleep on me anymore!

In the beginning of August, Jessica's first birthday party was a big deal. A week later, Grandma & Grandpa came to visit (and are still here). Evan's birthday party plans took a "back burner" to all the activities that were going on, but I wanted to do something he would enjoy!

We decided on a superhero theme because he couldn't decide which superhero was his favorite. We had lots of Spiderman decorations (thanks to a high school friend), but the cake was just red, white, and blue with stars. We set up the superhero toys we had and made some superheros out of toilet paper tubes. We also played "catch the villain" - thanks to my friend's 11 yr old son :) Here are some pics:

My "Super Evan"

The kids loved those marshmallow stars!


Revealing his secret identity - lol!

The making of a super hero
Singing and blowing out the candles

Present time!!!
Sammy and Levi

Shoot out!
My super girl :)

Super cousins!


1 comment:

  1. Looks like Evan had a great birthday party :) You did a wonderful job with the cake! Thanks for sharing his special day with us.

    ReplyDelete