Monday, November 14, 2011

Saw it, pinned it, made it!

If you haven't heard of Pinterest, let me introduce you. . . http://pinterest.com

Pinterest is a site where you have virtual bulletin boards to "pin" items that interest you. I have bulletin boards for Recipes, Things I want to make, For the boys, etc.

The nice thing about Pinterest is that I have discovered that there is no need for me to "rack my brain" in order to think of creative projects. . . other people have done it for me! I can view everybody's "pins" and that gives me plenty of ideas. I can also search for specific things. . . like "chocolate cake" or "rainy day activities." It's wonderful!

So far, I have made red velvet cheesecake swirl brownies, homemade Butterfingers, and low fat chocolate chip cookies. . . all thanks to Pinterest!

I have found lots of activities for the boys. . .



Colored rice. They have been playing with this stuff for the last week and love it!


.
Milk, food coloring, and a "magic" stick. Kyle had fun with this when he was stuck at home sick. Just put some dish soap on the end of a toothpick (or I used a chop stick) and it does "magic".

So, if your looking for some recipes, crafts, teaching aids, cleaning remedies, photo op ideas, funny quotes, or anything else. . . give Pinterest a try!

1 comment:

  1. I may just have to check that out! Thanks for the suggestion. Those crafts that you did with your boys sounded fun :)

    ReplyDelete