Thursday, November 3, 2011

A Minute of Your Time?

OK, so I have a confession to make. I do NOT like talking on the phone. Let me make it clear, it is NOT that I dislike talking to the people on the other end of the line. I DO enjoy talking. I just have other issues.
First of all, if I'm talking on the phone, that means I am not doing something else. Now, I do multitask a bit, but I find it extremely hard to hold a touch screen phone to my ear with my shoulder. I have hung up on more than a few people - oops!
Secondly, I feel like I should give the person on the other end my full attention, and that is nearly impossible. After all, don't your children always need something when you're on the phone?!?
That all being said, I have now challenged myself to talk on the phone with an adult at least three times a week. Why? Because I believe it may just keep me sane!
Think of this. I have four children aged 5 and under. My husband leaves for work at 5:30 am (before I am awake) and he often is not home until almost 7 pm. Because he works two jobs, he often works 10 days in a row before having a day off. Soooooo, I really don't get to see an adult during the day.
This week I spoke with an adult every day. . .and it made such a difference! Not that I don't enjoy talking with my children. . .
Really, though, it is nice to have an adult conversation once in a while. So, if I give you a call, give me a minute of your time. It just may keep me from the "loony bin" - lol!

No comments:

Post a Comment