Wednesday, March 14, 2012

How Does Your (Kinder) Garden Grow?

Since I teach my children at home, I thought it would be fun to post some pics of our school/play room. Zachary does K5, Kyle does K4, and Evan does. . .hmmm what does Evan do? I don't know, but he obviously is listening since he knows most of his letters and numbers! It is so nice to have a separate place to contain toys, books, art supplies. . . kids ;)


Here is pic of my son working diligently. We are currently using the train table for school work AND playing.
I hope to find a small table and chair set soon though.


Here is a close up of our calendar. I have had this since I started teaching in '96 (wow - am I that old?!?). I have a different theme each month and the pattern becomes progressively harder each month. As you see, in March, there is a pattern of 5 different colors of kites. I think adding each day is my Kyle's favorite part of school ;)


Here's another pic. The clock is also above, but isn't shown in the picture.


Here's a way to use foam letters from one of those alphabet floor mats (found one at a yard sale). I'm pretty sure Evan must have walked off with our "Z." The letters are on with double sided tape but can be removed easily.


In the corner by the door I have all their crayons, markers, scissors, stickers, play dough, etc on a shelf. The chalkboard/whiteboard easel is also there. Since there is a place to keep this stuff, it is much easier for them to take care of it on their own!


I saw this idea on Pinterest and it works great! Instead of them littering my fridge, each boy has a clipboard on which to put his papers. I go through at the end of the week and file "important" ones while throwing away the rest. Kyle loooves putting papers up, but as you can see, Evan could care less - lol!


And after a long day of work, we have a TV with DVD/VCR for their movies. My older two can operate this themselves, so it helps when I'm feeding the baby or cooking dinner. The most used toys are on the shelves around them while other toys are in the "storage room." Isn't it amazing how toys accumulate?!? On rainy days, I'll take out a box from the storage room and they get all excited about "finding" things they thought were missing.

Well, that's a peek into part of our life. Hope you enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Thanks for sharing! I'm always looking for ideas. I'm hoping someday we can have a school room, for now we use the kitchen table.

    ReplyDelete