Saturday, July 14, 2012

I made it!

So, I had a goal with this HCG diet. I aimed to lose 20 lbs in 25 days. Well, I am at day 24 and down 19.4 lbs. I think that is pretty close, so I'm pretty happy (technically, I could lose another .6 lbs by tomorrow morning). I will take my last dose of the drops tonight, and then remain on the VLCD (very low calorie diet) for 72 hrs.

Through the diet, I averaged a loss of .8 lbs for most of the days.  I really would like to lose 10 more lbs, but I will wait 6 weeks to see how I feel about my current condition.

With the HCG diet, you must switch to a sugar/carb free diet for 3 weeks after completing the VLCD . I don't think this will be too hard for me, since I removed sugar/carbs for 30 days in January. It will be nice to add some nuts and dairy into my life again! I will, however, be sad to have to pass up that homemade chocolate syrup I just made for my boys ;)

Overall, I think the diet was well worth the time and sacrifice. The menu was a bit boring, as I basically stuck with eating fish and chicken, but it does make it easier to cook for the rest of the family when I have a weeks worth of cooked chicken in the fridge just for me. Since this diet contains virtually no added fat, my skin became very dry, but my hair is silky smooth! I am the type that needs to wash my hair every day or it just looks oily and disgusting! Now it feels really lightweight and nice :)

I will say, if anyone is thinking of using this diet, it would be nice to have a "buddy" to do it with. During my 24 days, I attended a wedding, a church fellowship, and a cookout. It's not easy saying no to the food in front of you - especially when you have to say no to even something healthy like fruit salad!

I'm hoping these 20 lbs never show up on my body again, and now I plan on starting to exercise again so I'm healthier. During the diet, it is advised not to exercise, so I stopped altogether. Here's to being 20 lbs lighter - and fitting into my old clothes again! :)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!
    Of course, you know this is how I lost (and kept off) more than 50 pounds over the last year. My skin was also dry, but clearer than it ever had been in my life. I personally I had energy, but was so bored with the diet. Wish I had sent you the cookbook.
    One trick I did and still do is use stevia with cocoa powder to make syrup and a hot chocolate type drink. I think I could have lost even more, but did decide to cheat a couple times.
    This diet made me realize how much I ate normally and has really helped with portion control. I also realized how irritated I get eating sugar and have tried to avoid it since this diet.
    I now no longer crave ANY of my really bad junk foods I used to because I ate those on my fat loading days. Hooray! No more Big Mac cravings or BoBerry biscuit cravings. But, I know those have never been something you craved anyway. :)

    ReplyDelete