Friday, July 27, 2012

When Mom's Out of Commission

Ever have one of those days when you just "survive" until bedtime?!? Today is one of those days. . .

Yesterday I woke up with some back pain. It didn't seem too bad, and I thought it may just be because my "sleep number bed" was set too soft. WRONG! As I got my lazy bones out of the bed, the pain became unbearable to the point that I could not stand up straight. How wonderful. . .

Fortunately, my husband was home yesterday. We packed up everyone in the car and headed out to do our grocery shopping. The whole trip was torturous to me. I leaned on the cart and moved slowly through the whole store. Ugh!

Upon arriving home, I took some Ibuprofen and that seemed to help. The only comfortable position I could find was sitting. I went to bed at 12:30, but didn't end up falling asleep until after 3 a.m. due to being so miserable.

Well, I felt a little better by morning, but that only lasted until I picked up my 25 lb daughter. . . bad move! I was in so much pain, I could barely do anything. I figured we would survive until my husband arrived home from work tonight. That being said, I thought it may be entertaining to take some pics of my day of survival.

We did our school work. . . and I did manage to make two birthday cakes, but besides that, everything else was unscheduled. I decided to walk around the house and take some pics of what I found. . .





Around 3 pm, the baby took a nap and I had the boys help me clean the house. They are really are good helpers. . . as long as they don't work together - lol! So, Evan put in the laundry and straightenend out the living room, Zack cleaned up the play room, and Kyle picked up the kitchen. Here are the before and after pics of each room. I think they did really well!



So then, if you're wondering how I am entertaining them as I type this, here you go. .

watching a movie

constrained in her high chair

 Oh, and for most of the morning, this is what I had to deal with from my precious baby girl. . .




Awww, I love her!




1 comment: