Thursday, October 28, 2010

NO FOOD FOR OVER A WEEK!?!?!?!?

Tomorrow should be the end of my 10 day fast, but I'm actually not sure I want to stop (can you believe it!). I've lost 13 lbs and feel great - not hungry at all. This is the second time I've done the Master Cleanse, and I'm pretty sure I may do it again. Some people think I'm crazy and my mother in law thinks I'm starving myself, but I'm pretty sure I have enough fat reserves to last well over a month without eating! LOL
Let me explain why I chose this plan. In May of this year I lost a baby at 20 wks along. Let me say, in those 20 weeks I had gained quite a bit of weight. And if you add that weight to the extra lbs I never lost due to being pregnant 3 times in 3 years, it equalled an overweight, unhappy woman! I couldn't seem to get rid of my "belly weight" even with diet and exercise. It was very discouraging! I began researching different diet ideas online, and came across a website about fasting ( http://falconblanco.com/health/fasting.htm ). It sounded like it may actually work! I had tried WW in the past and also some diet books, but REALLY, when you have 3 small children, it is hard to take the time to count calories or add up points!
Long story short, the fasting worked! I lost 20 lbs, had more enery, and felt GREAT! Unfortunately I have a weakness for Turkey Hill ice cream, and by August, I gained back 8 lbs. But still, those other 12 lbs stayed off! As the cold weather approached I took out all my winter clothes and they were tight on me :( I decided to do the fast again. After 9 days I really do feel great and wondering if I should extend my fast. I have no doubt that it has benefited my health and since it is a process that is found in the Bible, I think it is a much healthier option than diet pills or prepared meals (I always wonder what they put in those!).
I would like to end by saying that fasting is not as daunting as you may think. For me, it was much easier to refrain from food than to buy, cook, and eat a specific meal each day. It also helped that I fed my family things that are not my favorite (like ham and sausage). Although it may seem extreme, it worked for me! And I will say, when you deprive yourself of something (like food) other things seem to take on more value (like family).

No comments:

Post a Comment