Friday, October 29, 2010

Shhhhhh! I'm trying to sleep!

Motherhood and sleep deprivation. . . they go hand-in-hand, don't they? This morning, as I awoke from a 5 hr snooze, I was remembering how tired I had been these past 5 yrs. I figured out that from the spring of 2005 until the spring of 2010 I had been either pregnant or nursing. For me, that meant little sleep!
When I first became pregnant in 2005, I had morning sickness EVERY NIGHT, so I had a terrible time sleeping. I would often be awake at 2 or 3 in the morning eating dry cereal, then would need to be up by 5:30 to get ready for work. My biggest complaint of pregnancy is it's invasion on my sleep habits! Then, as all mothers know, sleeping did not improve when baby arrived! I would be up nursing through the night, then up for work by 5 each morning (of course, I had to wake up earlier to get baby ready for the day!). This continued in some form or fashion for 5 yrs! Whew!
Now that I'm neither pregnant nor nursing, things are not so tough. Of course there are night's when I'm awakened because someone had a nightmare or wet the bed, but most nights, I sleep a good 7 hrs or so. So, for all you mothers who have newborns, I UNDERSTAND! And I want to tell you to keep "plugging on." Things will get better, and sleep will come eventually. Sweet dreams! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment