Saturday, October 30, 2010

"myyy fave-it"


If you ask my boys what color is their favorite, they will say, "Zack's favorite is green, Kyle's favorite is blue, and Evan's favorite is red." Now, you may ask, does a 2 yr old really have a favorite color? I don't think so. So let me explain how my boys picked their colors.

When I had just 2 little boys, and was sleep deprived, I had trouble remembering who had the sippy cup with stars and who had the one with stripes, or who used the yellow twisty straw and who used the red. You get the picture. So I decided to buy solid color items, and assign each color to a boy. I chose green for Zack because of his green eyes, and blue for Kyle for the same reason. Since Evan had hazel eyes, I just chose red for him. Well, my attempt at organizing sippy cups has now morphed into the extreme. Each boy has a cup and plate that is "their color," they each have clothes hangers that are "their color," they only play with play-do that is "their color," and when offered a lollipop at the bank, they try to find one that is "their color." When Evan was just over a year, he would get upset if his brothers had something red, and he'd chase them around saying, "myyy fave-it." For his birthday, Kyle asked for a blue balloon cake. It is really quite amusing. So, let me warn you, if you offer my boys a balloon at your child's birthday party, expect to wait a while. . . as they search for "their color!"

1 comment:

  1. That is too cute! I remember at family gatherings w/my mom's side of the family & the oldest four cousins used to sit at a kiddie table & we each had our own Tupperware tumbler in our own color...I think since I was the youngest I ended up w/the green one! :)

    ReplyDelete