Sunday, October 9, 2011

C is for COOKIE!!!!

Good news: I have lost 4 lbs in the last 5 days! Bad news: I still have many more lbs to go. BUT it is encouraging to see the numbers go down, even if it's just a little at a time.
I have not really altered my diet, but I have started keeping track of the calories I eat each day, and that seems to be a great help. Please tell me that I'm not the only one who will grab a cookie when I'm not even hungry or finish my sons bowl of cereal because I don't want to "waste" it! Keeping track of my caloric intake has kept me from doing those things. And for any of you that would like to keep track of calories and exercise, I suggest checking out this website: http://www.loseit.com (if you do like it, you can add me on there as your friend).
Well, anyway, I wanted to add a recipe to my blog that is low fat and yummy! I know, those two don't usually go together, but my husband and sons agree - these are gooooood cookies. I mean, you can't expect to stay away from ALL desserts while dieting, right? These are oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and the only change I made was that I used whole wheat flour. They call for dark chocolate chips, which are my favorite, but not my hubby's. The good thing is, he couldn't even tell! And I made a double batch, hoping they would last all week, but in one weekend, all but about 10 are gone!
I am not going to write out the recipe, but instead, put a link to another blog. I don't want to get in trouble for "stealing" someone else's good idea ;) Try them and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment