Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Who would have guessed?!?

Who would have guessed that a 3 year old could be so entertaining? I have three boys, yet only one is an honest-to-goodness comedian. My oldest is serious and responsible. He enjoys laughing, but not at himself. My middle son loves "goofing" around, but he tends to get in trouble for his silliness. My youngest son is just naturally "good natured". He laughs at himself and makes others laugh. Even his brothers say, "Evan, you are sooooo funny!"
Evan got himself breakfast : Cheez-its
(oh, and like the hat with the pj's?)

Today was a long day for me. My children have not napped for me for at least a week. Since I am nursing the baby, I get very tired and I miss my nap :( In order to have some "me" time today, I sat the boys down with a snack, and put some cartoons on the computer. I then went to take a shower in peace. I always shower in the boys bathroom because I like their shower head better and the master bath is in the back of the house, so if there was a true emergency, I may not find out until too late! After a few minutes in the shower, I heard the toilet seat go up. I asked, "Who's there?" "It's me, Mom," said my youngest. Then, in a very serious voice, he said, "There's a fish in the toilet." I said, "No there isn't, silly boy!" Again, very seriously, he says, "Yes, there is Mom!" We went back and forth, until I finally poked my head out of the shower curtain. He stood there, pointing at the toilet with a squinty-eyed smile on his face, and said, "SEE!!!" Of course, there was no fish, but he was quite happy that he made me look. :)
As a baby, Evan was very easy to distract. He would start crying and as soon as we'd divert his attention, he was fine. Even now, this tactic works for him. He just came to me and complained that his brother hurt him. I said, "Look, that's you on the computer!" He said, "I want to put that hat on now!" And he ran off without another word about his brother. It's nice having a child that can make you laugh, but I have found that it is difficult to stay upset when that child is just so stinkin' cute! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment