Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Postpartum Diet


Yes, I know what the first three letters of "diet" spell, but I need to do something to get rid of this "baby weight." I think I eat fairly healthy, but that's not cutting it this time. I don't know if it's because I had a c-section or because I'm older now, but the weight is NOT coming off!
When my first son was 8 months old, I tried Weight Watchers. Eating my "normal" foods and keeping a food diary must have worked because I lost 15 lbs in the first month. I liked that I didn't have to follow certain recipes and that most restaurants even had WW friendly meals. Unfortunately, the diet only lasted a month. I became pregnant again, and therefore, ditched the food diary.
Well, I'm going to try the food diary and counting my "points" again. I figure if I write about it in my blog, I will be more accountable. I would love any ideas, tips, or encouragement that my friends would like to share. Those who are moms may understand how hard it is to NOT grab a piece of chocolate or an extra cup of coffee to make it through stressful days.
Here's to shedding some pounds!!!

1 comment:

  1. Heather I totally understand how you are feeling. It can be very difficult and challenging! Wishing you the best with your new diet! :)

    ReplyDelete