Saturday, November 27, 2010

After the turkey. . .

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with my guys at home this year! We have had a "rocky" year, so it was good to have a day where we could relax, watch movies, and just spend time together. So, after some wonderful holiday food, I thought tonight I would make something that did not include pumpkin, apple, or cinnamon! LOL :)

So what do you make after eating turkey, potatoes, green beans, homemade noodles, dressing, gravy, homemade rolls, pecan pie, and pumpkin trifle? Why, CHOCOLATE, of course!

I found this recipe in a magazine and tried it about a month ago. Tonight I "tweaked" it a bit and thought it was very rich and satisfying. My plan is to share them with my adult Sunday school class tomorrow. . . we'll see if they last that long!


MOCHA CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES


Preheat oven to 375

*Dissolve 2 Tbs instant coffee into 1 Tbs half-and-half
*In a large bowl, cream together:
1 c butter
2/3 c sugar
2/3 c brown sugar
1 egg
*After well mixed, add the coffee mixture
*In a smaller bowl, mix together:
2 1/2 c flour
1/2 c cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt


Slowly mix dry ingredients into wet, then add 1/2 bag of mini chocolate chips. Dough will be a bit sticky. Roll dough into small balls and pat down a bit as you place them on cookie sheet. Bake for 8-10 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment